Ojas once said, “Anybody who likes music cannot hate U2”, or something to that effect. I sure like music and U2 is a personal favourite. Here is a list of my 5 personal favourite U2 songs:
5. The Hands That Built America: Sheer melody and awesome lyrics. Also contains one of the most memorable lines in any song.
You gotta live with your dreams, don’t make them so hard.
4. I still haven’t found what I am looking for: When you get what you want, but not what you need. Laced with religious symbolism and great vocals, it makes you think hard.
3. Mothers of the disappeared: This song is dedicated to the mothers of the revolutionaries in Argentina, but I have always connected it to mothers of those who gave their lives serving the armed forces. Different music and a hymn like feeling makes this song very special.
2. Sometimes you can’t make it on your own: A song that Bono sang at his fathers funeral. A touching song, specially this part of it:
You don’t have to put up a fight
You don’t have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight
1. With or Without You: I first heard this song long before I actually knew it was a U2 song during an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S (TOW Ross and Rachel break up), and immediately liked it. One of the most sentimental U2 songs and also has a very nice and smooth guitar riff at the end. Also happens to be a favourite of most of my close friends.
It is special because of many reasons. For Ross and Rachel, for F.R.I.E.N.D.S, for Psenti Music Nites, for Psentisem, for BITS – Pilani, and for many more.