It would be an understatement to say that I totally adore MS Office, Excel in particular. It simplifies my life at office, and VBA Macros are a huge blessing!
I was looking to convert numbers to words in the Indian currency system and the first hit I got was this particular link from MS Office Support (now you know why I love MS Office!). However, this is suited more to the western number system, and I had to modify it a little to get it to work for me.
You can download the add-in from this link –> SpellNumber.
To install (in Excel 2003):
- Save the xla file in the folder below: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
- Start Excel -> Open a new file
- Go to Tools->Add-Ins->Browse
- Select SpellNumber.xla and hit Ok
- In the Add-Ins available dialog box, select (tick checkbox) the Spellnumber Add-In
- For using: In the cell, use the command =SpellNumber(cell reference)
Do let me know if this helpful!
PS: Updated to remove a major bug.