Aparajith writes here about his memories of the 1992 Benson and Hedges Cricket World Cup. Here is what I remember most about that tournament.
- Miandad jumping up and down – mimicking Kiran More’s appeal.
- Crowe and Greatbatch batting for NZ.
- Dipak Patel opening the bowling for NZ.
- The ridiculous 21 off 1 ball for SA – it broke so many hearts.
- Jonty’s dive to run out Inzamam.
- Last, but not the least, an emotional Imran’s (not so great) speech at the presentation where he forgot all his teammates.
What do you remember?
Thank you, your comment successfully submitted
your comment has been submited, it might take a while to be moderated.