Aparajith writes here about his memories of the 1992 Benson and Hedges Cricket World Cup. Here is what I remember most about that tournament.
- Miandad jumping up and down – mimicking Kiran More’s appeal.
- Crowe and Greatbatch batting for NZ.
- Dipak Patel opening the bowling for NZ.
- The ridiculous 21 off 1 ball for SA – it broke so many hearts.
- Jonty’s dive to run out Inzamam.
- Last, but not the least, an emotional Imran’s (not so great) speech at the presentation where he forgot all his teammates.
What do you remember?