This is a copy of the email I sent to Indiaplaza today.
Hi Narinder & Shazia & Anthony,
Your customer service just blows me away!!
Thanks for the brilliant work. You guys haven’t obviously delivered the book till today. That after you guys called me on Monday and assured me that the book would be with me on Wednesday!!
And I was unceremoniously put on hold for 20 minutes when I called up today (again – I have spent more than Rs. 50 on calls to your clueless helpdesk so far).
I think, and correct me if I am worng, that you guys have no clue of how online shopping works. The sensible thing to do was to ship me another copy (Wow! See – this ain’t rocket science), while you checked what happened to the original.
Here is what I want – and I hope you guys understand – so I have put it in simple steps:
1. Cancel the (damn) order. I have bought the book.
2. Refund me my money – that seems to be the fair thing to do.
3. Pay me the interest on the my money – I would like it, even if it is in paise. You can decide the interest rates.
4. You know what – I will not ask you to refund my money I spent on calling you, and since this is not America, I can not sue you for mental anguish. Actually – I can not sue you for anything – I am sure you have imdemnified yourself against it by your T&C. And really I don’t care. If you want, give me my money back, else you can go have a pizza for the same amount.
5. Grow up and learn how to do business!!!